How To Clean Bathtub Mat (Here’s How)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
Do you always slip when stepping on your bathtub mat?
Oily mats could cause unnecessary accidents such as slipping and falling on the floor.
Because of that, you’ll get hurt and get injured in the process.
Everyday use of hair and soap products can leave oily films on your mat surface.
To avoid this type of scenario, you should periodically clean your bathtub mats to eliminate oil buildup.
Also, the bathroom is an enclosed space where the temperature changes.
Due to this, mildew and molds can develop over time and could cause foul-smelling odors.
So, if you want to know how to clean a bathtub mat and remove the oil on it, you’re in the right place.
This article will give you different methods to clean your bathtub mat as efficiently as possible.
How To Clean Bathtub Mat Stains
You may notice some yellowish marks on your mat.
The mildew and mold buildup usually cause these stains.
So, if you’re planning to clean your rug, expect to deal with discoloration and a terrible musty odor.
There are many solutions on how to remove bathtub discoloration.
But, make sure to follow this simple step-by-step method to eliminate that yellowish stain.
- Get a basin and combine one cup of lemon juice and one cup of baking soda. Make sure that you’re mixing the correct ratio of lemon and baking soda. Remember to use gloves when combining them.
- If you’re done creating your homemade cleaning paste, get a soft cloth or sponge to scoop it out.
- Apply the paste to the stain marks on your mat and gently scrub it.
- Afterward, let your paste sit on the mat for five to ten minutes.
- The next thing you need to do is to get two cups of white vinegar and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray some vinegar to your coated bathtub math. If you notice some bubbles, don’t worry because that’s normal. It is the chemical reaction of the white vinegar and your homemade paste.
- If you have a pumice stone in your bathroom, you can also use that to scrub mat stains with white vinegar and homemade paste. Make sure to rub it until you no longer see any yellow marks.
- Lastly, wash your mat with hot water to ensure that all the stains are gone.
How To Clean Bath Mat Without Washing Machine
Bathtub mats collect all the germs and dirt from everyday use.
Because of that, you should clean your rugs regularly to maintain their cleanliness.
If you want to clean your mats without using a washing machine, we’re here to teach you how.
For this method of mat cleaning, you need to grab some things.
This includes a mild detergent, dish-washing soap, a cloth or sponge, an old toothbrush, and baking soda.
- Remove your bath rugs and put them outside.
- Remove any stuck dirt on your mat by shaking them, or you can use a vacuum cleaner to eliminate the germs and dirt on them.
- Get a spray bottle and combine one cup of water, white vinegar, and two tablespoons of any dish-washing detergent.
- Spray the stained areas and gently scrub them using a sponge or a smooth cloth.
- Afterward, get a basin and mix water with detergent. Make sure that you put your gloves on before mixing any chemicals.
- Scrub your rugs with an old toothbrush or sponge again. Avoid submerging your bathtub rugs for too long.
- Get clean water and rinse your bath mats.
- Finally, hang your rugs and let them dry.
How To Clean Memory Foam Bath Mat
A memory foam bath mat is vital in relaxing your foot, especially when you stand for a long time.
Additionally, it creates comfort for children who like to play on the floor.
However, foam rugs also attract bacteria and dirt, so you should clean them regularly.
- First, get your vacuum cleaner to remove all the dirt, bacteria, and debris. You could also brush your foam rugs with a broom.
- If you spot any color marks on your floor rugs, put them in the washing machine.
- While you’re cleaning the rugs, make sure that you use the proper cleaning liquids or detergent. If you use the wrong cleaning detergent, it can damage your bath mat.
- After you complete the process, rinse your foam rugs with clean water.
- Lastly, hang them outside under the sun and let them dry.
How To Wash Bath Mats In Front Loader
If you don’t want to wash your bath mats manually, you can put them in a front loader.
But remember to set your machine in the correct cycle.
- Put your bath rugs in the front loader with a couple of towels to ensure the balance of washing.
- Load a laundry detergent that is preferable for cleaning delicate things such as your bath rugs. Take note that mats don’t need much detergent.
- Fill your loader with water and start washing them.
- Afterward, bring out your rugs and let them dry.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.