How To Clean Bathtub Jet (Explained!)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
In terms of relaxing, there’s nothing that compares to drenching in a bubble bath.
But imagine you’re enjoying the moment in your bathtub, then waste starts shooting out after you open your tub jets.
If this happens to you, it’s an indication that your bathtub jets need cleaning.
You need to eliminate the mold and mildew build-up.
When cleaning a whirlpool full of floating black hair and molds, you don’t need any special tools or chemicals.
If you don’t know how to clean a bathtub jet, you’re lucky because we’re here to help you.
This article will provide you with some easy ways to clean your tub jets using only your household ingredients.
Through these methods, you can have peace of mind knowing that you can soon use your bathtub jets again.
How To Clean Bathtub Jets With Vinegar
Bathtub jets need to be clean once in a while to prevent any waste from building up into your drains.
One way of doing that is to use a white vinegar solution.
Here’s the step-by-step process of cleaning your bathtub jets with vinegar.
- First, rotate your bathtub jets into a clockwise motion to ensure that there’s no air induction.
- Right after doing that, fill your bathtub with hot water and cover your tub jets around 2 inches.
- Get a bowl and mix five cups of vinegar solution and two tablespoons of powdered dishwasher detergent.
- Turn on your bathtub jets and let the water flow for fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, close your bathtub jets for 30 minutes and let it run again for another fifteen minutes.
- After that, get an old toothbrush and scrub the plastic component of your jets with a cleaning solution.
- Remove all the water from your tub and refill it with clean water. But, make sure that your bathtub is filled with water until about two inches above the jets.
- Next, open your bathtub jet and allow them to run water into your tub for three to five minutes.
- Lastly, drain your tub and check if the process worked.
How To Unclog Bathtub Drain Full Of Hair
We understand the frustration of having a clogged drain.
Unfortunately, among the drains inside your house, bathtub drains are the most prone to clogging.
Think about all the soap, hair, and gels that go through your drain every single day.
Because of those bath products and dirt, your drain can become obstructed.
If this happens to you, here is some helpful information that will help you unclog your drain by yourself.
- The first thing that you should do is to remove the stopper and clean it.
- Use a screwdriver to loosen or elevate it to remove the hair buildup below the drain.
- Afterward, turn on your bathtub and run the water into the drain to check if you clear the clog.
- If the process didn’t work, try to use a drain claw. A drain claw is a flexible wire composed of hundreds of interlocking hooks that can help you grab any substances stuck into your pipe, such as hair. It can also allow you to drain your tub quickly.
- Repeat this process many times until you get the entire clog removed. Afterward, run the water through your drain to make sure that the method is successful.
How To Clean Jacuzzi Hot Tub
Cleaning your jacuzzi hot tub once in a while will keep your bathing experience relaxing. Here’s how you can easily clean your jacuzzi hot tub.
- First, ensure that all the air that controls your jets is closed.
- Next, you should cover all of your jacuzzi jets with water up to about five to six centimeters above the opening.
- Afterward, get household bleach and pour it into your jacuzzi hot tub. Make sure that you put your gloves on because bleach is a powerful cleaner.
- Open your bathtub jet and let the water flow for at least fifteen minutes.
- After letting the water run for fifteen minutes, drain your tub and clean any residue. Make sure to use a sponge or old brush when cleaning your tub to avoid scratching the plastic part.
- Lastly, wash your tub with clean water, and then rerun your jet for fifteen minutes. This process helps eliminate the remaining bacteria and dirt.
How Often To Clean Jacuzzi Jets
If you’re wondering how often you should clean your jacuzzi jets, the answer depends on how you’re using them.
If you only use your jacuzzi jets occasionally, you can clean them at least three to five times a year.
That cleaning times are enough to maintain the cleanliness of your bathtub jets.
However, if you’re always using them, you should clean them once a month to prevent any clog build-up on your drain.
If you want to maintain your tub’s neatness, refill it with hot water every after you use it.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.