How To Clean Bathtub Toys (Tips You Should Know)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
Where’s the fun if you don’t have a floating duck in your bathtub?
Let’s set aside the fun first and talk about the risk of having an unclean bath toy.
Germs and molds on bath toys could result in respiratory diseases and allergies.
So, if you have any toys in your bathtub, you should regularly clean them to avoid any health problems.
This article will give you step-by-step instructions on how to clean bath toys.
How To Remove Mold From Plastic Toys
You can find growing molds on your bathtub toys.
If there’s a mold buildup in them, you should immediately clean them to avoid any health problems.
Here’s how you can eliminate mold from your plastic toys.
- First, create a strong cleaning solution. Get a basin and pour one cup of white vinegar with warm water.
- After making a solution, submerge your bath toy and let it sit for one hour.
- The next thing you should do is squeeze out the excess water from your toy and get clean water to wash it off.
- Let it dry before using it again.
Cleaning Bath Toys With Clorox Bleach
There are many chemical solutions that you can use to clean a kid’s toy, So, when it comes to plastic toys, we suggest that you use Clorox Bleach.
You can check the step-by-step procedure below for this process.
- The first step is to get a regular bleach and add it to a gallon of water.
- After combining the water and the bleach, submerge your bath toy for 10 minutes.
- The next step is to open your bathroom’s exhaust fan and windows. Remember to get out of your bathroom while your toy is submerged. That’s because bleach is a strong chemical that can irritate your throat and nose.
- Let them soak for one hour.
- After an hour, take your toys outside and let them dry.
If you’re afraid that the bleach could cause respiratory diseases, you can use a respirator and gloves to protect yourself while cleaning your bath toys.
How To Clean Bath Toys In A Washing Machine
The bath toys can be disgusting due to molds and other bacteria buildup over time.
That’s why it’s essential to clean them to eliminate grossness.
Cleaning your toys in a washing machine is the simplest way of removing molds and bacteria.
You can check below the instructions on how you can clean bath toys using a washing machine.
- Get your bath toys and place them into your washing machine. You can put some towels together with your toys to prevent banging sounds during the cycle. The towels could also reduce too much production of noise.
- You can use an ordinary detergent with white vinegar for this method.
- Next, start the wash cycle and wait for it to complete.
- Once the cycle is finished, get your bath toys and let them dry. Don’t forget to take out your towels and dry them too.
We recommend a fast wash on heavy things and for medium spin cycles.
You can also choose between steam and hot washing.
However, if you were to wash plastic stuff like bath toys, hot and steam wash may not be your best option.
That’s because it could melt plastic things during the cycle.
How To Wash Bath Toys In Dishwasher
Another way of cleaning your bath toys is to use a dishwasher.
If you want to know how, here are the detailed step-by-step instructions for this method.
- First, ensure that your toys are dishwasher safe. It means they can withstand strong detergents and high temperatures. You can do this process to prevent any rust, stain, or damage to your toys.
- Place your bath toys in a lingerie bag and put them on the topmost shelf.
- You can use the usual dishwasher detergent and set your dishwasher to a heated cycle.
- After completing the wash cycle, get a clean towel and dry your toys.
How To Disinfect Bath Toys After Poop
It is fun when you see your little one enjoying the bubble bath and playing with his/her bath toys.
While you and your kid are treasuring the moment, your baby suddenly poops.
If this event happens to you, immediately remove your kid from the bathtub.
The next thing you should do is to clean your baby, tub, and toys.
If you’re done cleaning the whole mess, don’t forget to disinfect your bath toys.
Sanitizing your toys is vital, especially if your kid plays with them.
Here is an effective way to disinfect your toys.
- For every one gallon of water, mix ½ cup of bleaching solution.
- Because your toys are in direct contact with the poop, make sure that you cover all the sides of your bath toys with a cleaning solution.
- Afterward, wash all the bath toys with clean water.
- Take them outside and let them dry.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.