How To Clean Bathtub Stains (Tips You Should Know)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
No homeowner wants a bathtub full of stains.
Imagine you’re in the mood to relax, then you suddenly notice a yellow stain on parts of your bathtub.
That will surprise you, and you’ll immediately get out of your tub.
What a way to ruin your relaxation.
These yellowish stains that you see usually result from mineral deposits due to hard water.
The discoloration depends on what substances are in your water.
Regularly cleaning your bathtub will help you get rid of the yellowish mark that develops over time.
We understand that stains are an eyesore.
No matter what causes the stains on your bathtub, we’re here to help you.
This article will give you helpful information on how to clean bathtub stains with easy step-by-step processes.
How To Get Rid Of Yellow Stains In Bathtub
Removing yellow stains on your bathtub could be a lot of work, but cleaning your tub will make it look as good as new again.
Here are some bathtub cleaning hacks that will help you get rid of some stubborn yellow stains.
One of the common stains that you will encounter is called soap scum.
To remove these stains, buy baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and mix them.
Ensure that your mixture is thick enough to place on the side of your bathtub while covering the yellow stain.
Afterward, seal the whole stain with your mixture and leave it for thirty minutes.
After half an hour, get a soft sponge and scrub it into the stained surface.
After cleaning the stained part, wash the areas with yellow marks using clean water.
If you notice that your bathtub still has stains, repeat the process until you eliminate all the yellow colors.
To remove yellow spots, ensure that you have turpentine and mix it with salt.
Get an old toothbrush or sponge and start to rub the stain until it’s completely gone.
Remember to put your gloves on and open your ventilation system while working on the yellow stain.
Once you finish scrubbing the stained spot, rinse your bathtub with clean water.
How To Clean Bathtub With Baking Soda
Everyone wants a clean bathtub to relax and feel the bubbling effects.
But, if you neglect cleaning your tub at least, dirt and stains could occur.
This makes your tub even harder to clean.
Periodically cleaning your bathtub will maintain its cleanliness for a long time.
Here are the step-by-step methods of cleaning your bathtub.
- Fill your bathtub with hot water.
- Put baking soda on the sides of your bathtub. If your tub has extra dirt, you can use a tub-and-tile cleaning solution.
- Get two tablespoons of any dishwasher soap and mix it with a bucket full of hot water.
- Afterward, brush all the surfaces of your tub using a sponge or old toothbrush.
- Use the bucket with water to wash the toothbrush or sponge. Also, you can use soapy water to clean the brush.
- If you’re cleaning a dirty bathtub that has yellow stains, remember to directly pour your baking soda onto the brush or sponge, and then dip it into the bucket of hot water.
- If you’re satisfied with your cleaning, use clean water to wash your tub.
- Lastly, finish cleaning your bathtub by polishing your drain, faucet, and handles with a clean, dry cloth.
How To Clean A Fiberglass Tub That Is Stained
One way to clean your fiberglass tub is to use white vinegar and baking soda.
Most homeowners widely use these two ingredients for their affordability and effectiveness.
Here’s how you can apply these homemade cleaning solutions.
- First, mix two tablespoons of vinegar, ⅔ cup of baking soda, a half cup of warm water, and ½ cup of liquid detergent in a basin or a gallon bucket.
- Apply these homemade cleaning solutions to the stained part of your bathtub. Ensure that you directly apply the paste to the stained part and let it sit for around ten to twenty minutes.
- Rinse your tub with clean water.
- Lastly, use a dry cloth to wipe your bathtub.
When these homemade cleaning solutions are applied to the stained part of your tub, they will fizz.
This chemical reaction is what eliminates the yellowish color.
Best Cleaner For Bathtub Stains
Another way to clean your bathtub and remove all the dirt and stain is to use a cleaner.
Here are the top best bathtub cleaners that homeowners use.
Clean Magic Eraser Bath Cleaner
Most homeowners use this bathtub cleaner because of its effectiveness and ease of use.
You’ll only need to add water to apply this to the stained areas.
Bio-Clean Stain Remover
As the name implies, the bio-stain remover is biodegradable and doesn’t harm the environment.
So, if you have stubborn stains, use a tough cleaner like this to exterminate the marks on your tub.
It can eliminate all the yellowish color on the areas of your bathtubs.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.