AirPods Cleaning Tips
How To Clean AirPods
Did you know that too much earwax on your AirPods can lead to some health problems?
That’s why it is essential to check and clean them to prevent any grime buildup.
We know that you’re practicing proper personal hygiene due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, there is still much stuff that you’re neglecting to keep clean, such as your AirPods.
Experts say neglecting them could result in tinnitus and ear pain.
Fortunately, we’re here to help you avoid those potential consequences.
This article is here to give you step-by-step instructions on how to clean your AirPods.
If you’ve decided to disinfect or clean those AirPods, here’s everything you need to know to do it properly.
How To Clean Airpods And Make Them Louder
Not only can you gain some health issues due to unclean AirPods, but it could also get subtly quieter if there’s trapped earwax.
If that’s the case, it’s time to clean them.
To solve your problem, follow this step-by-step process of removing trap earwax on your AirPods.
- To begin with, get a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
- Next, gently brush the large opening of your AirPod and blow some air.
- Do this again until you feel that the air is coming through the large opening.
- You should brush the opening at least three times. This method should restore the perfect sound on your AirPod.
The main reason for this problem is the excessive earwax buildup that has been dissolved in the earbud.
So, before putting AirPods into your ears again, make sure that you remove all the moisture and earwax.
How To Clean Airpods Case Inside
Since most homeowners clean their AirPods only, they sometimes forget to clean their case.
Keeping your AirPods case clean is vital to prevent any bacterial growth inside.
Additionally, regularly cleaning your case can prolong the life of your equipment.
Follow the guides below on how to clean your AirPod Case.
- Begin with cleaning the exterior part of your case. Use a soft cloth for preliminary cleaning.
- Rub the exterior of your case to eliminate wax and dirt.
- If you find it hard to remove the grime, get alcohol and pour a tiny amount on the cloth. But, remember to use a small amount of alcohol. That’s because your AirPods and their storage are not resistant to liquids. So, make sure that you don’t drop any liquid in their charging ports.
- If you’re done cleaning the outside of the case, it’s time to clean the interior part. Use a cotton swab to clean your AirPods charging ports.
- You should remove all the dust and wax as possible to make sure that your case maintains its charging speed.
- Afterward, clean the grooves of your case. Cleaning these areas will keep the fresh looks of your case.
- Use a cotton swab and damp it into distilled water or alcohol. But, don’t use too much liquid when submerging the cotton. That’s because you don’t want drips falling into your charging ports.
- Lastly, rub your case with a soft cloth again.
This cleaning process will make your AirPod case look fresh again.
How To Clean Airpods Mesh Reddit
Due to everyday use, excess earwax could have been stuck to your AirPod’s speaker.
If you notice that the sound is getting quieter, your AirPod’s mesh needs to be clean.
Removing wax buildup is not as difficult as you think.
We’ll show the step-by-step process to do that.
- First, remove the filthy wax on your AirPod by using a scraper. There are two sites where the excess wax could build up. The first place is called the end, where all the sound comes out. The other two are tiny lozenge-shaped holes.
- Remember to be careful while scraping to avoid damaging the mesh. This process will take a while to finish. But, it would be best if you did this slowly and correctly.
- After removing all the grimes, disinfect your AirPods for a better clean.
- The next thing you should do is swab your AirPods and case with a little bit of alcohol.
- Get a clean cloth and rub it all over your case and AirPod.
- Lastly, take out your AirPods and leave your case open until it is totally dry.
Your AirPods should look good as new again and germ-free.
Don’t forget to clean your AirPods if you notice some wax build-up again.
How To Clean Airpods Pro
No one wants to use disgusting AirPods full of earwax.
If you haven’t cleaned your AirPods for months, expect to see a gross wax build-up.
Here is the step-by-step method on how you can remove all the excess wax on your equipment.
- Get a brush that has soft bristles. Gently clean the stuck earwax on your AirPod.
- Once you’re done removing all the wax, get cotton and wet it with isopropyl alcohol.
- Next, dab up the nozzle and the mesh. Remember to dab the cotton lightly.
- Finally, leave your AirPods and wait for them to dry before placing them into your ears again.