Carpet Cleaning Tips
How To Clean A Carpet
Bare floors can get pretty dirty and messy.
With bad weather and heavy foot traffic, your tiled floor can become extremely muddy.
How much more if you have carpet flooring? The dirt and mud will stick to the carpet fibers.
Given time, it will be more difficult to clean your carpet.
That’s why it’s best if you regularly dust and clean your carpet.
That way, you can remove spills and stains immediately.
Foul odor won’t build up as well if you keep your carpet flooring clean.
If you want to learn how to clean carpet, you’ve come to the right place.
This article will show you various methods you can clean your carpet.
How To Clean Carpet Stains
Does your carpet have leftover evidence of the food you ate last week?
Perhaps the stain didn’t come off after you wiped it with a tissue.
Carpet stains can be a real nuisance and source of frustration.
Instead of relaxing on your couch, you have to get up and get your hands dirty.
Don’t worry, though, because we’ll show you how to clean carpet stains.
One way to go about this is to use baking soda.
How to clean carpet with baking soda
- Thoroughly vacuum your carpet to suck up all the dust and dirt.
- Blot the carpet with a tissue or rag to remove oil and grease.
- Pour baking soda generously over the stained area.
- Scatter the powder deep into the fibers using a brush. Let the baking soda sit overnight.
- Do the second vacuuming. Vacuum the affected surface to collect the cleaning powder and stain.
- If the stain won’t lift, use soapy water to clean the stain. Use the blotting technique to absorb the excess soap and water. You should also notice the stain come off in the absorbed liquid.
- Dry the carpet by blotting with a dry paper towel or cloth.
How to clean carpet with machine
The most common method of cleaning a carpet is to use a washing machine.
But before you just throw your rug in the machine, read its care label first.
If your carpet is not washing machine-safe, you need to use other ways of cleaning.
If it’s machine safe, follow these steps on how to clean carpet.
- Vacuum the carpet to remove as much dirt and dust as possible.
- Perform spot cleaning. Depending on the type of stain you have, use a pre-treatment cleaner. This will help lift off the stain when the carpet is in the machine. Generally, you can use a laundry detergent for any stain.
- Let the pre-treatment sit for about 15 minutes.
- Toss the carpet in your washing machine and begin washing. Set the cleaning settings to delicate and use cold water.
- Dry your carpet. Don’t use the dryer for this part. Instead, find a clothesline to hang the carpet. Let it air-dry but don’t place your carpet under direct sunlight to avoid fading.
How to deep clean carpet
Vinegar is a well-known all-purpose cleaner.
Being so, you can use it to deep clean your carpet.
It also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties.
Thus, it can remove the buildup of mold and germs in your carpet.
If you’re worried about the vinegar odor, you shouldn’t be.
The smell will normally come off after some time.
To deep clean your carpet with vinegar, use the method below.
- Create a vinegar solution in a basin. Mix 1 part vinegar with 3 parts water. You can also put the solution in a spray bottle.
- Dip a small brush into the vinegar solution or spray the solution. Apply the vinegar to the affected area of your carpet.
- Scrub the vinegar using the brush. The stains and grime will soon disappear.
- Blot the carpet with a towel to remove excess liquid. Finally, allow your carpet to dry.
How to clean carpet without vacuum
If you only know vacuuming to clean your carpet, you’ll have a problem if your vacuum breaks down.
If you don’t have a vacuum, you should know that there are alternatives to it.
Here are some ways you can clean your carpet without a vacuum cleaner.
- Use a stiff brush or broom to dislodge dust and debris within your carpet fibers. Although it’s not as effective as a vacuum cleaner, this method can remove a lot of dirt on your carpet.
- Beat your rugs. You can also hang your carpet and beat it with a stick. This process will remove dust and dirt on your carpet. You can also strike your carpet against a wall or fence.
- Use a carpet sticky roller to collect pet hair and dust. With this method, you simply need to run the roller over your carpet. The dirt will instantly stick to the roller.
If you want your home to smell great and look good, pay attention to your carpet.
A squeaky clean carpet can enhance the interior of your home.
It’s also key to preventing dust mites and allergens from affecting your health.
Clean your carpet regularly to avoid disgusting smells and stubborn stains.