How To Clean Airpods Case (With Helpful Tips)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
Good music can relax your mind and body.
But, can you imagine your AirPods becoming a lot quieter while playing music?
If that’s the case, you may want to clean them, especially your case.
A trapped wax in your AirPod case causes them to be quieter than before.
If there’s a wax accumulation inside the case, it can be stuck into your earbud.
However, this issue is not difficult to solve.
You’ll need to clean your AirPods case regularly so that your AirPods can maintain crystal clear sound.
Let the following methods (And Video) provide you with options on how to clean your Airpods and Case.
How To Clean AirPods For Better Sound
The most common problem that could happen with AirPods is sound degradation.
The primary cause of that issue is due to excessive wax development.
If you haven’t cleaned your AirPods and Case for months now, earwax has likely built up and blocked the speakers.
In that case, you will notice a less powerful sound on your equipment.
If you want to restore your AirPods original sound, here are some simple ways on how to clean your AirPods.
- The first thing you should do is to clean your AirPods. Use a cotton swab and dip it into a little bit of isopropyl alcohol.
- Use that cotton swab to remove any grime and wax that you can see on the large opening of your AirPods.
- Take note that you need to be careful when cleaning out the open holes of your Airpods. You do not want to damage anything in the large opening.
- Once you completely clean your AirPods, you can use your equipment again. In this way, you should tell the difference in volume and audio quality since you’ve eliminated the earwax growth.
How To Clean Airpods With Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen Peroxide is known for its disinfectant and antimicrobial activities on all types of inorganic things.
It’s the most common bleaching agent that homeowners use for their clothes and hair.
AirPods bass and volume could fail over time due to the accumulation of dirt on the speaker mesh.
To prevent this from happening, you should clean your AirPods regularly.
You can try the step-by-step process below on how you can clean your AirPods with hydrogen peroxide.
Here are the things you’ll need to have:
- Soft clean cloth
- 3% of Hydrogen Peroxide
- First, get a toothpick and scrape all the earwax buildup on your AirPod’s mesh. Remember to gently scrape the edges of the speaker to prevent any damages.
- The next thing you need to do is smoothly tap your AirPods using your fingertips. It is to keep your mesh grill down to remove all the filthy earwax.
- Afterward, grab your hydrogen peroxide and pour a few drops into a basin or plastic bowl. Next, use cotton tips and dip them into the cleaning solution.
- Rub the speaker mesh of your AirPod with the cotton tips to eliminate wax accumulation.
- Now, use a hairdryer to blow some air to the speaker mesh until you remove all the wax buildup.
- Once you’re done with cleaning, wipe your AirPods again with a soft cloth.
How To Unclog Airpods
If you’re planning to buy a pair of AirPods, you need to make sure to maintain their good condition and shape.
It means you should clean them periodically.
If you notice that your AirPods are getting quieter, it indicates that you need to clean them.
To solve your problem, read the instructions below on how you can remove earwax buildup in your AirPods.
- Get a brush with a soft bristle and start cleaning your AirPod.
- Brush your AirPods with caution to avoid any damage in the large opening.
- Get a blower and start blowing air on the mesh until you can feel that the air is coming through.
- Repeat the process until you remove all the wax development on your AirPods.
In this simple method, you can fix your AirPod’s volume and sound.
It should be back to its original sound quality by now.
If you notice that there is still some earwax on your earbuds, repeat the process.
Black Marks On Airpod Case
If you’re using your AirPods every day and always carry them wherever you go, expect to see black marks on your AirPod Case.
The main reason for this stain is the transfer of pigment from your black pocket or blue jeans.
To remove these black marks, follow this simple method to clean stains from your AirPods case.
- Bring out any typical pencil eraser, and start clearing the black marks on your AirPod’s case.
- Keep erasing the black stains until there are no black marks left.
- Once you’re done, get a cloth and wipe your case.
Aside from a regular eraser, you can also use Mr. Clean’s magic eraser.
This product can remove any sort of stain with a glossy effect on your case.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.