How To Clean Airpods Earwax (Explained!)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
Bacteria can damage your body and make you feel sick.
One of these microorganisms can be found on your AirPods.
Due to this, you should clean them right away if you find any dirt and grime accumulation.
Experts found out that if your earbuds have an excessive earwax build-up, it could lead to health problems.
Once you put unclean AirPods into your ears, you might end up having ear infections, rashes, or allergic reactions.
To prevent this from happening, all you need to do is to clean them periodically.
Fortunately, this article will give you ideas on how to deal with earwax problems on your gadget.
We will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to clean AirPods earwax.
How To Clean Airpods With Hydrogen Peroxide
Earbuds are a lot dirtier than you could ever imagine.
It makes sense when you think that they stay in your ears for almost a day.
Also, they are stored in your pouch or handbag that makes them so gross.
As a result, they can trap heat and moisture which gives the bacteria the best condition to grow.
Additionally, your AirPods and case can be covered by germs.
They are in direct contact with desks, bags, pockets, or tables.
Here are the six products that you need to acquire first before cleaning: cotton tips, hydrogen peroxide, hairdryer, microfiber cloth, paper clip, and your AirPods.
Once you get all of them, follow the step-by-step procedure below.
- Open the paperclip and use it as a scraper.
- Gently scrape the external accumulation from the edges of your AirPods. Remember to be careful not to push the AirPods mesh too hard. The goal of this procedure is to scratch only the superficial grime build-up at the exterior edge. You should not damage any part of your AirPods during the process.
- Dab the AirPods mesh on a flat area to remove the loose grime. Keep the large opening of your earbuds face down until all the wax and dirt fall out.
- Afterward, get a cotton tip and dip it into the hydrogen peroxide solution. The hydrogen peroxide solution will soften the accumulated earwax on the mesh. Remember not to soak your cotton tip because you only need it to be slightly wet.
- Next, wipe the large opening and the side holes with the cotton tip. This will soften the earwax so it will be easy to remove later.
- Get a hair dryer and heat the mesh area to dissolve the wax. Don’t overheat your AirPods to avoid damage. You only need to heat them until the wax melts away.
- The next thing you should do is blow some air through the large opening of your AirPods.
- Breathe through your AirPod speaker then blast some air again.
- Lastly, clean your AirPods with a lint-free cloth.
How To Clean Airpods Charging Case
AirPods became a big hit for Apple for many reasons.
One of those reasons is that AirPods has a good quality charging case which is convenient to use.
However, if you have a great product it comes with great responsibility.
And that is to clean them periodically.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to clean your charging case.
- First, get a microfiber cloth and start wiping down your charging case.
- Gently remove the sticky debris. Remember, do not use any abrasive materials when cleaning your charging case or AirPods.
- Try your best to clean your charging case without using any liquid, such as water or alcohol.
- Afterward, get a lint-free cloth and wipe your AirPods case to dry it.
How To Clean Airpods Pro Mesh
Before you start cleaning your AirPods Pro, you should first learn the proper way of cleaning and disinfecting them.
A wrong move can do permanent damage to your AirPods if you are not careful.
Although AirPods Pro is water-resistant, it does not mean you can apply liquids to them.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to clean your AirPods mesh.
- Use a cotton swab to remove the debris build-up on your AirPod Pro mesh. Don’t use a lint-free cloth because it will not clean your AirPods mesh correctly.
- Ensure that any dirt or dust will not be able to enter your speaker mesh. That’s because it could lead to crackling noise or could affect the sound quality.
How To Clean Airpods For Better Sound
If you notice that your AirPods are getting quieter, you should consider cleaning them.
Due to repeated use of your AirPods, wax and dirt will start to accumulate on your speaker mesh.
Because of that, it could lead to a clogged speaker that will result in a less powerful sound.
Here is the simple step-by-step instruction to regain the audio quality of your AirPods.
- Dip a q-tip in an organic solvent, such as alcohol.
- Swab all the visible grime on your AirPods mesh. Make sure not to inflict damage to the openings.
- Clean all the openings on your AirPods using your cotton swab.
- Once you’re done cleaning, you can now use your AirPods again without any problem.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.