How To Clean Bathtub Drain (Solved & Explained!)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
Most homeowners with a bathtub use them every day without thinking of cleaning them once in a while.
But what happens if your bathtub drain becomes clogged?
Two possible scenarios are flooding and foul odor.
If this happens to you, you should know how to clean your bathtub drain.
This is so you can avoid frustrations and be able to use your tub hassle-free.
Fortunately, this article will help you unclog your bathtub drain to run the water freely again and to eliminate the stress it gives you.
Read below some methods that will guide you in cleaning your bathtub drain.
How To Unclog Bathtub Drain With Baking Soda
One method to effectively clean your bathtub drain is to use baking soda with vinegar.
If you combine these two cleaning agents, it will create a potent mixture.
The mixture will effortlessly unclog your drain.
Additionally, most homeowners use these cleaners because of their affordability and usefulness.
In this process, we will teach you easy ways on how to clean your bathtub drain.
By using baking soda combined with vinegar, you can achieve a clean and immaculate tub.
Here are the four steps to unclog the bathtub drain with baking soda and vinegar.
Get hot water, then start by pouring it down into the drain.
After doing that, get your baking soda, 1 cup of water, and vinegar.
Mix these two ingredients to create a good cleaning solution and then pour it into your drain.
Ensure that you cover your bathtub drain with a plug and leave it for five to ten minutes.
Lastly, pour boiling water again into your drain to ensure that you remove the clog on the drain.
How To Unclog A Bathtub Drain With Salt
Did you know that salt with vinegar can help unclog your bathtub drain? For this process, all you need is vinegar and salt.
- Get a small bowl and start mixing 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of vinegar. Make sure to stir the cleaning agents properly.
- Pour the combined mixture into your drain and let it sit for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- If you want to make a more potent cleaning mixture, you can add ½ cup of lemon juice.
- Next, if you have a stubborn clog, leave your drain with the cleaning solution for around 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash your drain by pouring boiling water.
How To Unclog A Bathtub Drain With Bleach
Another method of removing clog into your drain is by using bleach. If you don’t know how to do that, we’ve listed the step-by-step process below.
- First, get rid of all the water in your bathtub. You can get a bowl and remove the water or wait until it gets drained.
- Get your undiluted bleach and start pouring it into your drain. Wait for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, rinse it with hot water to see if the process worked.
- Remember, don’t let the undiluted bleach sit on your drain for more than fifteen minutes. Bleach is a strong chemical that could eat away the metal component of your drain.
How To Remove Bathtub Drain Stopper
Your bathtub stopper is a small component that you can find in your bathroom.
This tiny part can cause you a significant headache if it stops working.
If you don’t know how to remove your bathtub drain stopper, you’ve come to the correct place.
We will provide you with an easy tutorial to help you identify your bathroom stopper and remove them in this process.
Additionally, we also arrange tips and tricks to ensure that the removing process will become as simple as possible.
How to remove a Toe Touch Stopper
- Put your stopper in the open position. Grasp its shaft cylinder and rotate the top part counter-clockwise.
- After that, remove your hold on the shaft and untighten the screw of the toe touch stopper.
- If you’re done loosening it, elevate and remove the entire stopper.
- In some cases, when you remove the toe touch stopper, the top cap will only unscrew the complete top portion of the bathroom stopper. This happens when you grasp the shaft cylinder and rotate it. If that’s the case, you’ll need to untighten the entire screw of the top cap.
- After you unscrew the top cap and lift it off, loosen the screw of the shaft cylinder in a counter-clockwise motion to take out the threaded post.
How to remove a Push and Pull Bathtub Stopper
- Start taking out the top knob of the stopper by using your hand to grasp the lower part of the stopper.
- Rotate the knob in counter-clockwise movement until it’s off.
- If you notice that the knob screw is too stiff to loosen by hand, use a standard plier to untighten it.
- Once you finally remove the knob, untighten the post screw by using a flat head screwdriver.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.