How To Clean Bathtub With Baking Sodadanimaidfeed_7gepy3
It’s truly amazing to have a bathtub where you can relax and enjoy the bubbling effect at the same time.
However, due to everyday use, you may not notice that your tub is getting dirty.
That’s why, even if you use clean water and soap, you feel icky and dirty.
Due to that, you should sanitize your bathtub often to remove any dirt or stain and to maintain its cleanliness.
Cleaning your bathtub is not a difficult job for bathtub owners like you.
You just need to know the best method that you can use to clean it.
One way to clean your tub is to use baking soda.
It is proven and tested that it can help remove any stain or grime.
This article will provide you with a variety of ideas on how to clean a bathtub with baking soda.
How To Clean A Disgusting Bathtub
If you’ve decided that you want to clean your tub, make sure not to leave scratches on metal parts of your bathtub.
However, if you don’t know how to start cleaning it properly, you’re in the right place.
You can learn from our step-by-step process of cleaning a bathtub below.
1. Remove all stuff from the bathtub.
When cleaning, make sure that you remove everything, such as toys, toiletries, and bottles.
Also, it’s the perfect time to throw out all the stuff that you don’t need anymore.
Additionally, if you have any bath toys, you can put them in the dishwasher to get them clean too.
But, if you believe that your bathroom items are clean, you can put them aside.
In that way, you can put them back in your bathroom once you’re done.
2. Clean your bathtub walls and tiles
The next step is to clean your tub’s walls and tile. If your bathtub has mold and mildew buildup, you should remove them immediately. To do that:
- Mix one cup of baking soda with vinegar.
- Get a soft sponge or an old toothbrush and gently scrub the stained part.
- Remember not to damage any part of your bathtub.
If you’re using bleach cleaner, don’t forget to open your bathroom vent and windows.
That’s because bleach is a strong chemical that can irritate your throat and eyes.
3. Rinse with clean water
Once you finish scrubbing the bathtub, let the cleaning solution sit for ten to fifteen minutes.
Afterward, get clean water and wash your tub.
Let your bathtub become dry first before using it again.
How To Clean Bathtub With Baking Soda And Hydrogen Peroxide
Baking soda is known for its natural abrasive power.
It is also excellent at deodorizing and whitening surfaces.
Most homeowners also recommend baking soda for cleaning bathtubs and toilet bowls because of its effectiveness.
On the other hand, hydrogen peroxide helps sanitize and disinfect all sorts of items.
Imagine combining these two, and you can create a powerful cleaner.
Here’s how you can easily clean your bathtub using these two ingredients.
- First, you need to sprinkle ¼ cup of baking soda into a bowl.
- Next, grab your hydrogen peroxide and pour a tiny amount of it into the bowl. Mix these two ingredients to create a cleaning paste.
- Take note to put your gloves on when scooping up the paste. After that, rub it on the stained part of your bathtub. If you prefer using a sponge or soft cloth, there’s no problem with that.
- Let the paste sit on the stained area for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, rinse it with clean water.
- If you can still spot any dirt after the process, we recommend you repeat the method until there’s no stain left.
How To Clean Bathtub With Bleach
No one likes a filthy bathtub. Luckily, a small portion of bleach can turn your dirty bathtub into a fresh new look again. To begin with, follow these steps on how to clean your bathtub with bleach.
- Get rid of any bath items you have in your bathtub. You don’t want your items, such as your bath toys, to get bleach too.
- Turn the water on and let it run into your bathtub. Start wiping the surfaces of your tub so that it can get easier to remove the dirt later with the bleach.
- Mix ½ cup of bleach for every 1 gallon of water. Get your sponge or soft cloth and dip it into the solution. Rub it around the areas of your bathtub. Let the cleaning solution sit for at least five minutes.
- Lastly, wash your tub with clean water and wipe it again with a clean cloth.
Home Remedy For Cleaning Bathtub
Vinegar is one of the common ingredients for cleaning bathtubs.
You don’t need to buy any expensive cleaning solution to eliminate stains or dirt in your tub.
If you’re new to this process, we’ll show you how it’s done.
- Get your vinegar and mix it with warm water. Then, put your solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the dirty areas of your bathtub and let the solution sit for fifteen minutes.
- Afterward, get a soft cloth or sponge and gently wipe the tub surfaces.
- Lastly, wash your tub with clean water and use your cloth to wipe it again.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.