How To Clean Bath Toys With Vinegar (Helpful Tips!)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
How To Clean Bath Toys With Vinegar
Toys make bathing a fun activity for children.
When you tell your children to take a bath, they will automatically take their toys and bathe with them.
Because of that, many parents get the false impression that toys are as clean as their children post-bath.
In reality, bath toys are prone to bacteria and mold growth that can harm your kids.
Mold and germs stick to the toys since you don’t actually wash these playthings while in the tub.
Dirty water can also enter the toys and promote foul odor.
Thus, it’s essential that you regularly clean your children’s toys to get rid of disease-causing bacteria.
The article that follows will teach you how to clean bath toys and keep molds and bacteria at bay.
Why is Cleaning Bath Toys Essential?
When children are with their toys, they don’t just play with them.
Sometimes, they even put these playthings in their mouths.
Because of this, you should be alarmed that your kids are nibbling on something that can give them illnesses.
If you take a closer look, your children’s bath toys are actually covered in bacterial films and molds.
Not to mention, foam and squeaky toys also suck up dirty water.
If these pathogenic germs enter your kids’ system, they can induce respiratory problems, allergic reactions, and other health complications.
The consequences may even get worse since children have an undeveloped immune system.
Thus, you should prevent mold and bacteria from growing on things that your children use the most.
If you see signs that your children’s toys are moldy, immediately give these toys a deep clean to kill molds and bacteria.
How To Prevent Moldy Bath Toys
To prevent mold from growing on your children’s toys, you should pay attention to where and how you store these toys.
Ideally, you should keep them dry before storing them in a clean, dry environment.
One thing you can do is to place these toys in a rack so that the water inside them can drain.
A proper ventilation system can also aid the drying process of these bath toys.
In case you can no longer get rid of the dirt and mold on your children’s toys, you should get rid of them.
Throw them away so that they cannot spread illnesses to your kids.
How To Clean Bath Toys Using Vinegar
When your children’s bath toys become moldy, you don’t have to get rid of them right away.
Instead, your first course of action is to give these toys a thorough cleaning to keep them spotless and germ-free.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean bath toys with vinegar.
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and warm water. If possible, use a bucket or a large container for this.
- Place the toys in the vinegar solution. Make sure that the toys are completely submerged.
- Let the toys suck up the water so that the solution can enter the inside of squeeze bath toys.
- Leave the toys for about 60 minutes.
- Afterward, use a sponge or soft brush to scrub the surfaces of the toys.
- Clean the interior of the toys. Here’s how to clean bath toys inside: Simply shake the squeaky toys while it contains the vinegar solution. Afterward, squeeze the liquid out.
- Allow the toys to air dry after cleaning both their outside and inside surfaces.
How To Clean Foam Bath Toys
Alternatively, you can also use bleach to kill mold off the toys’ surfaces. This is especially appropriate for cleaning foam bath toys.
- For this method, the mixture ratio should be ½ cup of bleach to a gallon of water.
- Immerse the toys in the bleach solution. If you’re wondering how long to soak bath toys in bleach, the answer is only about 10 minutes.
- Rub the toys with the same solution to wipe out molds and films.
- Finally, rinse and air-dry.
Can You Clean Bath Toys Using a Washing Machine?
One hack to make bath toy maintenance easy is to use your washing machine. Below is the procedure on how to clean bath toys in the washing machine.
- Gather your kids’ bath toys in a washable mesh bag. Make sure that the toys have ample space to move around inside the bag.
- Next, place the laundry bag containing the toys inside the machine.
- Add detergent and warm water. You may even incorporate a small amount of vinegar.
- Use your machine like you normally do.
- Make sure to rinse, and then dry the toys afterward.
Cleaning your children’s bath toys should be part of your regular household cleaning tasks.
Since molds thrive in warm and humid areas, the toys your children bathe with can easily become moldy.
Hence, you should keep these things immaculate by cleaning them with soap and vinegar.
That way, your children won’t be in contact with disease-causing molds and bacteria.
You’ll also be at ease knowing that your children are not playing with anything that might compromise their health.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.