How To Clean Windows With Vinegar And Baking Soda
Window cleaning is a crucial component of housekeeping because your house is made up of a lot of windows.
If you leave them soiled and dusty, daylight won’t enter and brighten your home.
You also won’t see the outdoors from inside your house clearly.
Furthermore, your home will also look neglected and unattractive, especially if you have massive dirty windows.
To restore the appearance of your house windows, you need to maintain them regularly.
Ideally, you should wash your windows at least two times a year to keep them shiny.
The process doesn’t have to be tiring and expensive.
You can even use usual household products such as white vinegar and baking soda.
This article will guide you on how to clean really dirty windows effectively.
Homemade Window Cleaners
Cleaning windows with vinegar is a hack that is affordable, safe, and organic.
Instead of buying harsh commercial cleaners, you can use a diluted vinegar solution to achieve a streak-free window.
White vinegar is a common kitchen item that is used in cooking food.
Apart from this, though, it’s also an excellent cleaner since it can disinfect and loosen up dirt and debris.
When you combine vinegar with baking soda, you can have a potent cleaner that can remove stains and dirt on your window glass and frame.
Follow the procedures below on how to clean windows with vinegar and baking soda.
How To Clean Windows With Baking Soda
Stuck-on grime may be difficult to remove using a cleaning solution.
In this case, cleaning with baking soda may be necessary to loosen up such stubborn dirt.
- Add a small amount of baking soda to a damp microfiber cloth or tissue paper.
- Gently scrub the parts of your window with hardened dirt. Baking soda is mildly abrasive. In other words, it can eliminate hard-to-remove grime without damaging your windows.
- Use another clean, damp towel and warm water to remove excess powder and rinse your house windows.
- If you’re wondering what is the best way to clean windows without streaking, the answer is in this step. After rinsing the baking soda, spray vinegar solution (1:10 vinegar to water ratio) on your window glass.
- Wipe your window dry using a dry microfiber cloth or paper towel.
How To Clean Windows With Vinegar And Newspaper
- To create the homemade window cleaner, mix 1 part vinegar and 10 parts water. Place them in a spray bottle if you wish to apply the product easily.
- For the cleaning process, begin by wiping the window glass with a soft microfiber cloth or tissue paper. You may also use an old newspaper. This step is crucial so that you wipe away loose dust and debris and not scatter them as you clean.
- Next, spray the vinegar solution generously all over the window. Be careful not to apply the product on wood, fiberglass, and vinyl parts of your window since the vinegar may result in discoloration.
- Immediately wipe the vinegar solution with a second clean microfiber cloth or newspaper. Make sure that you dry the window glass thoroughly so that no streaks will appear.
How to Clean Large Windows
In case you have huge windows, you can still use a vinegar solution to clean.
However, you need to follow a different mode of application to be more efficient.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Create the same vinegar solution in a bucket. Mix 1 part vinegar and 10 parts water.
- With a clean cloth, remove as much dust and dirt from the glass as you can.
- Next, grab a clean sponge and dip it in your vinegar solution. Squeeze to have just enough moisture to wet your windows.
- Wipe your window glass with a damp sponge. Ensure that you cover all the surfaces of your windows.
- Finally, use a squeegee to clean the vinegar solution from the glass. You should move the tool from top to bottom so that the excess liquid will simply drip. Dry the squeegee every after wiping down.
How to Clean Window Frames
uPVC is a popular material used for window frames because of its durability.
But although uPVC windows are low maintenance, they may require regular cleaning to keep them neat and spotless.
Here’s how you can tidy up your window frames.
- Open your windows wide and vacuum loose debris and dust. You may also attach a brush to collect as much dust as possible.
- Next, create soapy water using dish soap. Use a soft sponge to wash every corner and inside of your window frames.
- Rinse your window with water.
- Finally, dry your window frames and lubricate them afterward.
Cleaning your house windows should be a regular part of your housekeeping.
Not only should you focus on the window glass, but also the frames.
By keeping your windows shiny and streak-free, you can have an immaculate home.
In turn, this will allow light to penetrate through your windows and illuminate your home interior.
Clear windows also help you see the outdoors clearly, thereby boosting your indoor ambiance.
See more tips for cleaning the house, we love to provide you with great guides.