How to Deep Clean Toaster Oven [VIDEO Incl.]
It always helps to have a versatile appliance in the kitchen.
It’s handy for small batches of food that you want to oven cook.
The toaster oven is also useful for heating food evenly.
Lastly, complete your breakfast with toasted bread every day.
The toaster oven is beneficial for a lot of reasons.
However, what’s the downside of this? It means that there are more crumbs and stains to consider.
As you put to work the food inside, you can’t prevent stains all the time.
You may be a culprit of not deep cleaning your toaster oven when necessary.
If you don’t clean the toaster oven, it becomes unsanitary for your next food dishes.
Learn how to deep clean the toaster oven and sanitize this appliance regularly.
Is it okay to use baking soda to clean the toaster oven? The answer is YES.
Baking soda with vinegar can become one of the most effective cleaning agents available.
Vinegar has cleaning properties that help sanitize against microorganisms.
On the other hand, baking soda is a gentle abrasive for surfaces.
The secret to using a baking soda paste and vinegar solution is patience.
You need to do this gently to achieve the best results for the toaster oven.
Include all parts and don’t forget how to clean outside of toaster oven as well.
1. Unplug the toaster oven from the wall plug. Take out all removable parts of the toaster oven, including the baking pan and racks.
2. Prepare the cleaning agents for the deep clean: Baking soda paste and vinegar solution. Create a paste by mixing water and baking soda. Form a vinegar solution with water to make the vinegar
3. less intense for use. Try a 3:1 ratio of water to vinegar inside a spray bottle.
4. Coat the insides of the toaster oven with the paste. Use a brush to do this and concentrate on the stains. Coat all internal parts, but avoid the heating sources of the toaster oven. Leave the toaster oven for around 12 hours to let the baking soda work.
5. Soften the stains and dirt in the other parts of the toaster oven. Use warm water and soak all the removable parts in a deep container. Then, wash the racks and pans with dishwashing soap and water. Dry as necessary and check for remaining dirt.
TIP: Use a scrub to remove the hard dirt on the racks and pans. If there are stains present, spray with the vinegar-water solution.
6. After 12 hours, check the toaster oven. Wipe off the paste with a clean damp cloth. Spray the remaining stains with the vinegar solution.
7. Wipe the outer parts of the toaster oven with a damp cloth. Include the toaster oven door in the spray. If there are stains, scrub and apply minimal vinegar solution. Wipe the surface afterward.
Toaster Oven Cleaning Hacks
The most efficient methods of cleaning involve a lot of hacks and tricks.
- The more tips you know, the better you will learn effective cleaning methods for you. As such, don’t be afraid to explore your cleaning methods; however, back up your methods with a lot of research and information. You aim to have effective cleaning hacks, not damage your appliances.
- The best cleaning supplies come from your stocks. Always check the kitchen and pantry for white distilled vinegar, baking soda, and lemon. Not only will you have versatile goods, but you also save money from commercial products.
- Avoid buying oven cleaners for a simple cleaning application. It may be tempting to apply these products in your toaster oven. Multiple studies indicate that oven cleaners are hazardous. The fumes from the product can cause poisoning.
- Don’t forget to clean the pertinent surfaces in the appliance. Most people forget to include the door and the outside surface of the toaster oven. It defeats the purpose of doing a deep clean without all the necessary parts included.
- With the versatility of toaster ovens, it’s good to invest in a good model from the start. There are many models and brands available in the market. One of the many brands available is the Cuisinart toaster oven.
- The best way to prolong the toaster oven is maintenance. After heavy use, always clean the toaster oven to avoid dirt build-up. If you wait long enough before doing a deep clean, the odor will be another problem. Remember, the dirtier it is, the longer you need to leave the baking soda paste.
Keep your appliances clean all the time.
The sanitation of your food and the cleanliness of your home affect your health.
Remember, microorganisms and pathogens thrive in a dirty environment.
Moreover, other people may be eating your dishes as well.
Guarantee proper hygiene by keeping your toaster oven sanitized.
Schedule your kitchen cleaning days properly.
Moreover, explore ways on how to deep clean the toaster oven.
This way, you learn something new every day by keeping the kitchen clean. Happy cooking!
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.