How To Get Rid Of Burnt Popcorn Smell In Microwavedanimaidfeed_7gepy3
There is nothing more comforting than curling up in front of television on a cozy Saturday night.
But, a Saturday movie night will not be complete without enjoying some bag of microwave popcorn.
So, you decided to place a bag of popcorn in the microwave.
Getting immersed in the stirring plot of the movie, you get distracted.
You forgot the popcorn popping inside the microwave for too long.
Reality just hits when you suddenly smell something stinky.
The popcorn you were looking forward to enjoying just turned into black burnt corn ashes.
Disappointed from the wasted popcorn, you are also getting frustrated with the burnt smell.
Even with the use of air fresheners, you still cannot remove the smell from your microwave.
What’s worse is that the burnt popcorn smell in the house lingers for days.
In the event that you have been caught up in such a situation, do not lose hope.
Here are some of the tips on how to get rid of burnt popcorn smell in the microwave.
How to get burnt smell out of the house and microwave?
Getting rid of the burnt popcorn smell in the house and your microwave takes a little bit of effort.
Fortunately, you can follow a few methods on how to get burnt smells out of the microwave and house.
METHOD 1: Vinegar Method
You will probably notice a layer of caramel-colored dirt upon checking the inside of your microwave.
That is the smoke residue from your burnt popcorn which causes the odor.
It is necessary to clean it to eliminate the foul smell.
One of the cleaning tricks to get rid of burnt popcorn smell is to use vinegar solution.
- Fill a small glass cup with half full water
- Add half cup of white vinegar to it
- Heat the solution in the microwave until the liquid starts boiling
- Turn off the oven and leave the solution inside for a few minutes
- Steam will form causing the stuck smoke residue to loosen
- After the waiting time, open the door and remove the cup
- Wipe the inside of the microwave with a damp cloth to remove the smell of burnt popcorn and the vinegar
Vinegar is a powerful cleaning agent that has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
This will help absorb the stubborn burnt popcorn smell.
METHOD 2: Coffee method
If the burnt smell persists after doing the first method, you can use the second method.
Another way to get rid of the bad odor from your microwave is by using coffee.
Coffee is very effective in absorbing odors.
- Fill a microwavable cup with half full water
- Pour 2 tablespoons of ground coffee into it
- Put the cup in the microwave and heat it for 3 minutes.
- Leave the coffee mixture in the microwave for a minute
- Remove the coffee out of the microwave
- Notice if the smell of burnt popcorn is gone
If the coffee method did not work, leave an open box of baking soda in the microwave overnight.
Baking soda is known to have absorbing capabilities that can help fix your problem.
METHOD 3: Lemon Steam Method
Another effective method to remove foul odors is by using lemon.
Lemon can be used as a substitute for vinegar in case you do not like its smell.
Also, in the absence of white vinegar, lemon is always available at home.
- Fill a microwave-safe glass cup with half full water
- Cut a lemon in half
- Squeeze each half into the cup
- Put both lemon half slices into the cup, as well
- Microwave the cup for 3 minutes
- Notice steam will fill the microwave
- Keep the door closed for a while for the steam to do its work
- Open up the microwave and wipe the inside of it with a damp cloth
- Cool down the lemon water and use it to clean the inside of the microwave
Lemon water works as great as the vinegar method.
It can help in getting rid of the burnt popcorn smell.
METHOD 4: Vanilla Method
If the burnt popcorn smell cannot be fully removed, there is another way to cover the smell.
By using vanilla, you can cover the smell until it fades.
- Pour a tablespoon of vanilla in a cup
- Place the cup into the microwave
- Leave the cup in the oven for 1 hour
The pleasant smell of vanilla can mask the pungent smell.
It works by spreading the vanilla scent not just in your microwave but in your kitchen, as well.
How to prevent a pungent smell in the microwave?
The methods mentioned above are usually done after days of dealing with the pungent smell.
Why endure the smell if you can instantly remedy it?
You can avoid the burnt smell from pervading your microwave and lingering for days in your house.
Rather than allowing the smell to linger on, you should deal with it, right away!
- Check the microwave from the inside for burnt food spills and smoke residue
- Clean the inside of the microwave using a damp cloth
- Clean microwave ever after cooking
By regular checking and cleaning of your microwave, burnt smell will be dealt with immediately.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.