How To Clean Refrigerator Door Stainless Steeldanimaidfeed_7gepy3
Most modern refrigerators in the market are made out of stainless steel.
The durability and damage resistance of steel make it a good material for household appliances.
It doesn’t rust, scratch, and dent easily.
It also lasts for a long time, so you won’t need repair or replacement often.
Aside from being durable, stainless steel refrigerators also look good.
Its sleek and simple design makes it perfect for any style of kitchen.
Even so, you have to do your part and clean your refrigerator regularly.
If you don’t know anything about cleaning, this article will give a head start.
We will provide you with various tips and techniques to properly clean your stainless steel fridge.
This article will also teach you step-by-step how to clean your stainless appliances.
How To Remove Stains From Stainless Steel Refrigerator
You don’t need to wait for your refrigerator to look dirty.
If you’re committed to having a clean kitchen and household, you will clean your refrigerator once every three months.
Cleaning your refrigerator will renew its look and prolong its life.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to the stain removal process of your stainless steel refrigerator.
- Remove everything on your refrigerator’s exterior. This includes refrigerator covers, magnets, stickers, and all that’s on top of the appliance.
- Determine the grain direction of your refrigerator. Simply check the surface of your steel refrigerator and identify the direction of the striations.
- Get a clean microfiber cloth or a non-abrasive sponge and dish soap solution.
- Dip the cloth into the soapy water and begin cleaning your refrigerator. Make sure that you move in the grain direction to clean your appliance effectively.
- You may need to rub the areas with stubborn stains multiple times to eliminate the grime.
- Rinse the surface with a clean damp cloth.
- To give your stainless steel refrigerator a shiny finish, apply a few drops of mineral oil. Put a small amount of the oil in a new clean rag and wipe it over the fridge’s surface.
How To Clean Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel Refrigerator
Regularly wiping your refrigerator surface can prevent fingerprints from accumulating and getting thicker.
However, if you’re looking to give your refrigerator a deep clean, you can use dishwashing soap, baking soda, and vinegar.
We’ve already given you a guide on how to clean your steel refrigerator with dishwashing soap.
Below, we will show you how to use baking soda and vinegar to clean and remove fingerprints on your steel appliances.
How To Clean Stainless Steel Appliances With Baking Soda
Baking soda is a great ingredient for stainless steel cleaner homemade.
It can easily eliminate burnt-on food, stubborn grime, grease, and fingerprints.
It is also safe to use and inexpensive.
Additionally, you might already have it inside your home, so that will save your time and money.
If you choose this option to clean fingerprints on your steel refrigerator, here’s what you should do.
- Clear the surface of your stainless steel refrigerator. Remove magnets and stick-on items on the door as well as items on top of your appliance.
- Create a thick baking soda paste by mixing three parts baking soda with one part water.
- Cover your steel refrigerator with the paste and leave it for about 20 minutes. You don’t need a thick cover if you only want to get rid of streaks and fingerprints. On the other hand, you may need to apply thicker for caked-on food and thick grime.
- The baking soda should be dry and cracking afterward. By this time, the fingerprints, grease, and grime will have stuck with the paste.
- Use a clean damp microfiber cloth to rinse the baking soda. Make sure that you wipe in the grain direction.
- Use a new dry cloth to eliminate the remaining baking soda and to dry your appliance.
How To Clean Stainless Steel Refrigerator With Vinegar
Another product you can use to clean your steel appliances is vinegar.
Cleaning stainless steel with vinegar will give your refrigerator a squeaky clean and shiny look.
Like baking soda, vinegar is a common household item.
You can simply go to your kitchen, get your bottle of distilled white vinegar, and begin cleaning.
Vinegar is also non-toxic and environment-safe.
It won’t scratch or damage your refrigerator yet, it is tough on grease and dirt.
It will effectively remove fingerprints and water stains on your steel appliances.
To clean your steel refrigerator surface using vinegar, here are the things you need to do.
- Remove everything that’s covering your refrigerator surface.
- Prepare a white vinegar solution and place it in a spray bottle. You may also opt to use undiluted vinegar if you’re dealing with tougher stains.
- Spray generously on the surface of your appliance.
- Wait for a few minutes before rinsing the solution with a clean damp cloth. Always wipe in the direction of the grain.
- Finally, dry your appliance with a clean dry cloth.
Just because your refrigerator is made out of stainless steel, doesn’t mean it’s invulnerable to dirt and stains.
Over time, fingerprints, water stains, and grease may cover your refrigerator’s surface.
When that happens, you need to give your stainless steel fridge a thorough cleaning
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.