How To Clean Microwave With Vinegar (Helpful Guide)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
The microwave is one of the most important kitchen appliances because they have so many practical applications.
For example, you might heat up some tea, reheat leftovers, thaw out meat, etc. Every time you microwave your food, it releases odors and other contaminants.
That’s why regular cleaning of this appliance ensures that your food tastes as good as it should.
In this article, we will walk you through the process of cleaning a microwave with white vinegar.
Read on to learn how to clean your kitchen appliances without taking up too much of your time.
Microwave Cleaning Hack
With today’s cleaning solutions, you can find a variety of microwave cleaning hacks.
Vinegar, on the other hand, can do the job quickly and effectively.
Aside from that, the product is simple to obtain whenever you need to clean a kitchen appliance.
That vinegar is acidic in nature.
That’s why it can tackle a wide range of food residues in any kitchen appliance.
Furthermore, when the vinegar mixture is combined with the steaming method it loosens any gunks inside the appliance.
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to clean a microwave with vinegar.
1. Gather your cleaning products and combine
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the water and vinegar.
See the recommended cleaning solution ratio below:
Combine 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a microwaveable bowl
If you don’t like the smell of vinegar, you can mask it with some of your favorite essential oil.
Then, put a toothpick or wooden spoon into the vinegar mixture.
This will help keep the water from boiling over the sides.
2. Place the vinegar mixture into the microwave
Place the bowl in the microwave after you’ve finished combining the vinegar mixture.
Close the door and set the timer for 5 minutes on high.
3. Allow the steam loosen food gunks and odors
Don’t open the microwave right away once the timer goes off.
Allow the steam to continue to work for another 2-3 minutes by closing the door.
The steam will help remove any caked-on bits of food.
In addition, the vinegar and lemon oil will aid in the elimination of odors.
4. Remove and wash the bowl and turntable
Proceed with caution for this next step and use a kitchen mitt in removing the bowl and turntable.
After that, wash it in the sink.
5. Wipe down the interior and exterior
Wipe down the inside of the microwave with your sponge or cleaning cloth to remove the dirt and residue.
Beginning with the ceiling and working your way moving outward.
Make sure to give the inside part of the appliance.
Next is to wipe down the turntable.
However, if you take it out, use your sponge to clean it before putting it back.
How to Clean Microwave Without Vinegar
In addition to the vinegar mixture, dish soap can be used to clean the microwave.
This method is simple yet effective, just like vinegar.
- Prepare a bowl of warm water. Then combine it with some dishwashing liquid. After that, soak and squeeze the sponge in the bowl until the water is sudsy.
- Next, remove the turntable and scrub it using a sponge in the sink. Allow it to dry after rinsing and set it aside.
- Using a damp paper towel or rag, remove the crumbs from the inside of the microwave.
- Scrub the inside surfaces with the soapy sponge, beginning at the top. Coat the top, sides, bottom, and door with suds in a circular motion. Be careful not to get suds in the vents. Repeat the cleaning process to ensure that all of the grime is removed.
- To remove the suds, use a damp paper towel to wipe down all surfaces. Again, be careful not to get water in the vents.
- To avoid the appliance streaking, wipe everything down with a dry paper towel or rag.
- Then, place the turntable back to its place.
Check out this different method on how to clean a microwave without vinegar.
- Pour a cup of warm water and some dishwashing liquid into a microwave-safe container.
- Next, add a little baking soda to the mixture if you want to eliminate any foul odors.
- After combining the cleaning solution, place the bowl in the microwave for five minutes on high.
- After the timer goes off, keep the microwave door closed. Allow it to sit for another five minutes.
- Then, take out the bowl. Proceed with caution because the bowl of a mixture may be hot to the touch.
- Remove the turntable and clean it with a damp sponge before drying it with a paper towel.
- Wipe down the microwave’s surfaces with a damp sponge and dry them with a paper towel.
Regular maintenance will not only keep your kitchen appliances in good working order.
But, it will also lengthen their useful service life.
Furthermore, it protects you and your family from any lingering bacteria in your appliances.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.