How to Clean A Burnt Microwave (4 Helpful Methods!)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
Living in a busy world, you probably do not have much time to experiment in the kitchen.
When you need a quick, no-fuss-meal, the microwave will make sure you are fed.
Your microwave is definitely a perfect tool that offers convenience in meal preparation.
Whether cooking or heating food, the microwave provides fast and safe cooking options.
However, with frequent use, the microwave gains grime and odor.
Most of the time, it is due to cooked items that got spilled or burnt on.
Moreover, microwave accidents from pressing the wrong buttons may happen.
This basically results in a burnt microwave.
With this, you will need to do some cleaning to avoid burnt microwave smell in the house.
You can avoid the burnt smell from pervading your surroundings by cleaning your microwave.
Rather than allowing the smell to linger on, you should deal with it immediately.
Wondering how to remove odor from the microwave?
You will need to learn how to clean a burnt microwave.
How to remove burnt food in the microwave?
Despite your best intention, microwave accidents still occur.
Usually, the microwave that had burnt inside is the most common trouble to happen.
Burnt food such as pizza, popcorn, etc. gets stuck on the walls which can be pretty annoying.
Listed below are quick little tips to take these burnt bits out of your microwave.
- Before getting started, make sure to turn off your microwave
- Mix warm water and a cleaning detergent in a bowl.
- Put a sponge or a rag into the mixture
- Scrub the inside of your microwave using the sponge or rag
- Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on your sponge for better result
How to remove burnt smell from the microwave?
Aside from the bits of food stuck on the walls, the burnt smell from your microwave is particularly frustrating.
The pungent smell coming out of your microwave is usually from these stuck-on bits of food.
It is necessary to clean it to eliminate the foul smell.
Getting rid of the burnt smell may require your time and effort.
Here are several effective methods that you can do to remove the stubborn smell.
METHOD 1: Vinegar Steam Method
One way to effectively get the burnt smell out of your microwave is using vinegar.
With its antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties, vinegar is considered as a powerful cleaning agent.
It will help get rid of the nauseating burnt smell.
- Fill a glass bowl with half full water
- Add half cup of white vinegar into it
- Place the solution in the microwave; heat it until the liquid starts boiling
- Turn off the oven and keep the door shut for a few minutes
- Notice the steam forming that will cause the stuck food to loosen
- After, open the door and remove the bowl
- Wipe the inside of the microwave with a damp cloth
METHOD 2: Lemon water method
Lemon can help in getting rid of the burnt smell.
It works well like the vinegar method.
Lemon can be used as a substitute for white vinegar in case you do not like its smell.
One of the advantages of using lemon is that it is always available at home.
- Fill a microwavable glass bowl with half full water
- Slice a lemon in half
- Squeeze the slices into the bowl
- Put both lemon half slices into the bowl
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes
- Observe steam to spread inside the microwave
- Do not open the door for a while for the steam to do its work
- After the waiting time, clean the inside of microwave with a damp cloth
- Use the lemon water to wipe off the inside of the microwave
METHOD 3: Coffee Method
If the smell still lingers, you can use the coffee method.
Coffee is very effective in absorbing odors.
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with half full water
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground coffee into it
- Put the bowl in the microwave for 3 minutes
- Leave the mixture in the microwave for 1 minute
- Remove the coffee out of the microwave
If this method did not work, there is another way to get rid of the burnt smell.
You can also leave an open box of baking soda in the microwave overnight.
Baking soda can help absorb the burnt microwave smell in the house.
METHOD 4: Vanilla Method
Spreading some vanilla scent will help mask the burnt microwave odor.
By using vanilla, you can cover the smell until it fades away.
- Add a tablespoon of vanilla in a cup
- Put the cup into the microwave
- Leave it in the oven for about an hour
A microwave is a reliable household product that is not designed to last forever.
With time, age, and frequent usage, it will inevitably be damaged.
However, for you to enjoy many years of using it, keep it well maintained.
Like people, microwaves need some love and care for it to last long.
Aside from reducing the wear and strain on it, you can also avoid more serious issues.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.