How To Clean Bathroom Floor (Incl. Helpful Tips)danimaidfeed_7gepy3
The bathroom floor is one of the dirtiest surfaces inside your home.
Constant foot traffic brings in dirt from outside.
It’s easy to spread microbes on the surface, with many people coming in and out. Molds and mildew grow in narrow spaces.
There is no such thing as a bathroom that’s perfectly clean.
However, to maintain hygiene and sanitation, it’s necessary to schedule it for cleaning.
You can take many steps to clean the bathroom floor.
The critical factor is cleaning the surface effectively.
The goal is to kill any pathogen like viruses and molds.
These microorganisms threaten your health and safety.
A disinfected bathroom is more than just spraying cleaning solution.
Learn how to clean the bathroom floor with the right products and techniques.
There are necessary steps in learning how to clean bathroom floor tiles.
Regular cleaning that only involves sweeping dirt and mopping the floor doesn’t sanitize the bathroom.
You need to use products with suitable cleaning agents to eliminate pathogens.
Since these microorganisms aren’t visible, you should apply disinfectants to the area.
Some bacteria like Streptococcus and E. Coli breed fast on wet bathroom floors.
For many bathroom floors, there are spaces between tiles.
Afterward, tile grout is added to the gap to fill in between the space.
However, over time, the tile grout breaks or thins out, leaving a gap between tiles.
The grout becomes a narrow space where a lot of particles, molds, and bacteria settle.
If the tile grout darkens, it’s time to give the bathroom floor deep cleaning.
Natural cleaning solutions for bathroom cleaning
We are aiming for a sanitary bathroom floor.
After all foot traffic and moisture accumulation, it’s best to deep clean once a week.
Unfortunately, with every step you take on the bathroom floor, you are spreading microbes all over.
Consequently, this can serve as some hassle for you.
If you don’t have the time to buy cleaning products, search your home.
You can learn how to clean bathroom floor tiles with home remedies available.
Before you use home remedies on the floor, prepare it first.
Do a sweeping and initial rinse on the bathroom floor.
This prepares the floor for the cleaning solution and takes out visible dirt.
Next, dry the bathroom floor before using the home remedies for a more disinfected cleaning.
Before cleaning, wear your gloves and safety goggles to avoid possible irritation.
Steps on how to clean bathroom floor with vinegar
- Check the kitchen and pantry of your home. Get white vinegar and warm water. This will serve as the cleaning solution for the bathroom floor and tile grout.
- Mix equal parts of warm water and white vinegar. Make sure to prepare enough solution volume for the entire bathroom floor and tile grout.
- If you want to lather the bathroom floor, add some dish soap. A few drops of the dish liquid make a foamy solution.
- Prepare a clean mop, a bucket, a brush, or a toothbrush.
- Pour or spray the vinegar cleaning solution on the bathroom floor. Then, mop it out to cover the entire floor.
- Now, focus on the tile grout. First, pour or spray on the tile grout, especially on dark grouts. Then, using a toothbrush, give a thorough scrub on the grout.
- Leave the bathroom for 10 minutes to give the vinegar solution time to take effect.
- Rinse the bathroom floor and give it time to dry completely.
- Repeat the steps for any floor parts where dirt is still visible.
Steps on how to clean bathroom floor with baking soda
- Get baking soda from your kitchen. Baking soda is an excellent reagent for stained bathroom floors. If you want to lighten the color of the floor, use baking soda.
- Mix three parts of baking soda and one part of warm water to form a paste. Make sure to prepare enough paste for all the parts you want to focus on.
- Prepare the cleaning solution for the rest of the floor areas. For example, you can use a vinegar cleaning solution. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and warm water for the floor.
- Prepare a toothbrush, a mop, and a bucket for the application and rinse.
- Apply the paste on the tile grout and stained bathroom floor tiles. Make sure to focus on the parts with visible dark spots. Then, brush the spots thoroughly with the toothbrush.
- Pour a cleaning solution for the rest of the floor.
- Leave the baking soda paste and cleaning solution on the floor for half an hour.
- Rinse the bathroom floor and mop afterward. Leave the floor to dry entirely before stepping inside again.
- Repeat the steps if there are stubborn spots on the bathroom floor.
Cleaning trends in recent times include the search for natural alternatives.
Many products and natural substances give a thorough cleaning.
You have an additional cleaning agent on top of the ones available in the market.
Explore ways on how to clean the bathroom floor.
You’ll have more optimal and more affordable options for bathroom cleaning.
Find more useful guides and how to’s on MaidFeed.com, your everyday cleaning guide.